|PLEASE NOTE THAT MY EMAIL IS email@example.com|
Seminars with a stochastic and/or analysis component
Department of Mathematics,
Other mathematics seminars
___ . ___ . ___ . ___ . ___ . ___ . ___ . ___ . ___
- Unfortunately, I couldn't go to the SPA conference in Buenos Aires
because of this.
Update (2 Sept. 2014): The insulting SAS reply.
- Time-Space points
- We've been having lots of random seminars recently. Check us out and let us know if you want to enlighten us with a research talk.
- Now teaching: Stochastic processes (graduate course in mathematics) (spring 2014).
Disclaimer: This is not a course on stochastic modelling. If you are interested in stochastic modelling, ask me what to read or attend another course, but do not take this one unless you are prepared to attend the lectures and do the work for it.
- Olav Kalleberg workshop at the Mittag-Leffler Institute. Talks are here
- Have been building a graduate program in stochastics. That is, introduced several new courses. See here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and ask me if you wish to see my lecture notes (whenever they exist).
- First year students special lecture (intro to projective geometry)
- Done teaching: Probability for PhD students (autumn 2012)
- The 2012 Stochastic Networks Conference, MIT, 18-22 June, 2012
- Check out the completed Brownian motion seminar
- SF-180: Symposium celebrating the 60th birthdays of Esa Nummelin, Paavo Salminen, and Esko Valkeila1,2, Helsinki, 8-9 Dec. 2011
- Visiting Microsoft Research, Redmond, 22 Nov.-12 Dec. 2010
- My 20 minute inaugural lecture is here, the slides here, and a completely atypical photo of me here
- The axiom of choice and equivalent statements
- Co-organizer of the Newton Institute program on Stochastic Processes in Communication Sciences (January-July 2010)
FULLY-FLEDGED PAGE COMING SOON... (I said a few months ago...)
If you want to go to my old page click here.
∗ Includes notes from research seminars